Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A new job... FINALLY!

When I got laid off from IBM after Thanksgiving last year, I was glad to be getting some time off but concerned about how much time that would be. Knowing how the economy has been, and the fact that this area of Broome County, NY is not exactly dripping with jobs for the recently unemployed, I was definitely concerned, maybe a touch worried. I stayed hopeful and optimistic, and applied for everything that I seemed remotely qualified for. However, there seemed to be fewer and fewer jobs to apply for.

So yeah, I've been thinking of relocating to the Albany area(much better economy!), which I've mentioned on here in an earlier post, but I am very happy to say that we won't have to. I am so lucky to have landed an administrative position in a small CPA firm right here in town. My daughter nearly burst one of my eardrums when she screamed with sheer thrill! She LOVES this town, her friends, her school, and everything and anything else about it.

I'm content now, I'm on calm waters, stable ground. There's nothing worse than fearing your own financial demise, as you go through your savings praying it will carry you long enough to find new work. I'm fortunate that we didn't have to go that far, and my unemployment carried us.

With my birthday coming next week, and yes folks, it's my 40th, I can feel free to go out and buy myself something special! Feeling very grateful today!!

1 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Happy Days indeed!

Post a Comment