Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dating and Doctors

The last fews days I didn't hear from Dave, the guy from Walmart, and honestly, I was content with that. After our last "date" I was not all that interested in getting together again. But he just called a little while ago, and stupidly, I answered the phone.

As I approach 40 in the next few weeks, I'd like to at least say that I've finally learned to be honest and up front with people. I usually am but I find it so hard to tell someone, "no thanks, I'm not really interested anymore." I know it will hurt their feelings, and their ego to some extent, and I just don't want to be the cause of that.

Too bad I've committed myself to coffee on Friday with him. I should have just ended it when I was on the phone just a short while ago, but he said he had a bad day, was having trouble sleeping, and was happy to be talking to me. How could I have told him just then? He was sad and seemingly vulnerable, talking about how his ex-wife has introduced their 5-year-old daughter to someone she is dating. I guess the thought of another man spending more time with his daughter than he does, is quite painful.

I should be nervous about my appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow, but surprisingly, I'm not. Not everyday you go see a heart doctor, but I'm good, really. Maybe my heart just needs an extra dose of romance. You think he could jot that down on his prescription pad? The ever-elusive mystery of true romance cures all that ails. Honestly, I think it might.

0 comments:

Post a Comment