Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friends Again (Poem)

I was walking along the boardwalk
of that beach I love so much,
The one with the new benches
and quaint lampposts,
when my cell phone rang,
and I almost didn't hear it
over the sounds of waves
rolling in and out.
But it was you on the other end.
We hadn't spoken since
the day I left work for good and
I was so sorry I walked out
Without saying goodbye.
I've missed your smiles and
the way you made me laugh.
Those lunch hours we ate Chinese
and swore our fortune cookies
held our fate.
Remember the Christmas party
and the Latin disco music?
We danced together and
had a night to remember!
I miss those days; you, me,
and silly irresponsibility.
But more, I missed you
and the possibility of having
been more than your friend.
I am so glad you called.

0 comments:

Post a Comment