Friday, May 21, 2010

Overcoming Challenges

It's not as easy as it sounds but we've all experiened them at one time or another, and some more than others. Life is full of challenges; it's what fosters our growth, pushing us to be better than we are. Sometimes the challenges come disguised as unfortunate circumstances, but are really opportunities to overcome a situation, turn it around and be stronger for it. Sometimes those unfortunate circumstances come along to force us into a new direction, to force us to do or change something about our lives that we had become complacent about. Sometimes the challenge is in making a commitment, one that you've always feared making, or learning to do something that you've always felt you can't do. And that something new is seemingly an overwhelming challenge, but you know if you just push a little harder, the sky will open up and it will be a clear day.

Ever since I became a single mother, my life has been full of challenges, all of which have made me into the strong, independent woman I am. And the challenges come in phases. Once you overcome one, there is another just beyond. With overcoming a challenge, there is a satisfaction period where you can be proud of the hurdle you've just jumped, and sit back on your laurels until it's time to jump again. My new job is in a field I wasn't terribly familiar with, and it's been a challenge learning all the ins and outs, since the one person that knew the full scope of this job, is no longer there. So many days I'm left searching for answers, and it can be frustrating having to teach yourself how to do something with very little guidance. And early this week, I wanted to scream, or cry, not sure which was more, but by the week's end, I had uncovered some key issues in my job processes, and I started to see the light. I can only hope next week is equally revealing, if not smooth sailing. The challenge is painful sometimes, but the rewards in overcoming them are invaluable to our self-esteem, and our self-confidence. So don't shirk the challenge when it comes your way, despite how daunting it appears... greater things are just beyond the horizon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment