Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back to Writing!

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've updated here. I was swamped: new job, finals at school, evening commitments for Aziza, and just keeping up with life despite the sudden rush of stress. I'm thrilled to be back to work - the people and the job are great - and I'm ecstatic that this semester is over. I enjoy school a lot and can't wait to finally get that long-awaited degree, but it can be consuming, and this semester's courses were consuming. I have two more semesters to go but I have already taken the more challenging courses, so going forward may be a little easier.

Eager to get back into writing my blog posts, creating poetry, and finding that happiness that comes from playing with the words. I miss it. It hasn't been long but it's been long enough to notice that something in my life is missing. Feels like a piece of me is missing and I need to reach out just far enough to pull it back in.

I'm not dating but have been invited to a wedding, and the soon-to-be bride thinks she might be able to fix me up with a nice young uncle. Hoping he's a cute, young uncle! Either way, I love weddings and it should be lovely. Plus, I can't remember the last time I did the chicken dance! lol!

However, I have been spending a lot of time e-mailing and texting someone that I knew while growing up, and it's odd to be communicating with him as much as I am. Will it go anywhere? Probably not, He's smart, very sexy, and a gourmet cook - not too many men I can say that about. But he's just divorced and unsure of what he wants. Plus, he lives a good four hours a way, which makes it difficult to know if something serious could happen. Time together is the only way to figure that one out, but for now I have to have fun with it and not take it seriously. And that stinks really because I'm ready to get back into that commited place, which was off-limits for years in my mind. Well, if not the childhood friend, then maybe it will be the young uncle. I'll find out soon enough! ;-)

1 comments:

Mama Bean said...

I love weddings, too! I was away from my blog for the past week, too - trying to figure out how to add hours to the day... glad to see you're back :

Post a Comment