Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wow, where have I been?

This is the first night in probably over three weeks that I've had the time to sit down, collect my thoughts and begin to share some of the recent happenings in my life. There's always something going on, for us, and those around us.

Work is moving along smoothly but still wishing in the back of my mind that the dream job will arrive. A dream job being one that satisfies my soul and gives me a place to make a difference. I'm all about change and making things better, and when I'm working somewhere where the status quo is all I have to work with, I lose my get up and go.

Aziza is thrilled of course that we are in the home stretch of 2nd grade, and looking forward to a fun-filled summer. We were able to get away over the Memorial Day weekend to get to the beach but it did not turn out as planned. I got horrible sunburn on my legs - and I mean really bad, swelling and awful pain - and Aziza got lost for the first time. It was the scariest 15 minutes of my life, both our lives I think, but thank God we found her quickly, safe and sound.













Aziza finally received a Citizen of the Month award at school, and boy was it time. She was really beginning to develop a negative self-image, wondering why she wasn't a good enough person to be Citizen of the Month. Too much for an 8-year-old to process. Thankfully, she got it. See her beaming smile on the occasion? I'd pay any money for that smile to always be there - actually, I somewhat almost do! Aziza is the one on the right, sporting her shiny pink shorts and black sparkle Pro-Keds.













Been out in the dating scene again and meeting more unfavorables. I did however meet up with a former co-worker, who I had a huge crush on and who was pretty flirty himself, BUT he was married then and I was not taking the bait. We have always kept in contact, with him trying a couple of times to bring me back to his company but it always fell through. Well... we spoke again just recently, only for me to find out that he has moved out into his own apartment, and the divorce proceedings are under way. I never thought I'd be so happy to hear about two people getting a divorce, but I've had my eye on him for almost 4 years and he's finally available. We met for cocktails and talked, and we both know what we want - each other. Someone pinch me... is this really going to happen?? Am I finally going to get the man I want?? I'm trying to contain my excitement at the thought of what real happiness might mean, but I know I have to keep it in perspective until... well, until I have real reason to lose all reason! I will definitely keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment